Privacy Forever

General Questions

Removing your home from Google Maps:

Not many people know that if you want your property images removed from Google Maps Street View, you can file a request with Google to have it done and Google will comply. Here is how you do it:

  1. Go to Google Maps
  2. Type in your address
  3. Click on your property and select Street View
  4. Zoom all the way in to your property
  5. Select 'Report a Problem' at the bottom left of the page
  6. Select Privacy Concerns
  7. Describe that you would like your home removed for safety reasons
  8. Type in your email
  9. Click Submit

You can also use street view to look around the neighborhood and make sure you and/or your family are not visible. In the event you find your family members showing up, you can go through this same process to have them removed or blurred. back to navigation

How does your service work?

We have attorney drafted documents that are distributed to the largest data repositories in the country. These repositories store and sell your personal information. Your information is removed from these database sites, as well as all the smaller database sites that are owned by each repository. back to navigation

How does the price breakdown?

The basic package price is $45.00. We charge a $25.00 fee to include all family members who live in the household and have the same address as the Law Enforcement Officer or Public Official. We also give you the option to allow us to take care of shipping the letters for you, which is an additional $25.00. The fee covers the shipping costs, postage, envelopes, ink, paper, etc. These are the same costs you will have if you ship on your own. We also offer ongoing PrivacyForever membership for a low annual fee of $35.00. This membership covers all new database sites that arise in the near future as well as follow up services for any database sites that still have your information posted on their website. The most you would spend is $130.00 if you choose to take advantage of all options. back to navigation

How does the service work with credit companies like Experian, Equifax, and Transunion?

These companies have two sides to them. Once side houses your credit information and the other side sells your information. We target the side that sells your online information and have that information removed. You will still be able to apply for credit reports and loans. back to navigation

How long does it take until my information is removed?

On average, we are see information removed between 6 to 8 weeks. Sometimes information is removed faster and sometimes slower. We ask that all officers work with us through this process. back to navigation

Are retired officers eligible?

Yes, according to each state’s statute, retired and former officers both qualify for our service. back to navigation

Will I get confirmation that my order has been received?

Upon completion of your order, you will receive an immediate email containing all your documents. This allows you to print or save them to your computer. back to navigation

If I choose the option to have you print and mail my letters, do I have to do anything?

No, if you have chosen the option to have us print and mail your letters, we will automatically take care of it for you. back to navigation

What if my information is not removed?

If you find that your information is still on a website, 6-8 weeks after you submitted your order, please contact us by email and submit a link removal request. Please send the request to [email protected] and include the exact link (URL) to where you are finding your online information. back to navigation

Who are the owners of this company?

All founding members are Law Enforcement Officers or are related to Law Enforcement Officers. We all have a personal interest in helping our fellow officers protect themselves and their families. back to navigation

Is this service offered outside the state of California?

Yes, we are currently offering services in California, Colorado, Idaho, Texas, Florida, Nevada, Utah, and New Jersey. We are actively pursuing other States and their legislature to offer our services. If you are located in a state other than the ones we have listed, and know of legislature which covers officers in your state, please contact us so we can provide these services to you. back to navigation

Does your organization offer discounts for signing up multiple officers?

We have worked with several associations to assist in the complete removal of information for all their officers. Please contact us at [email protected] to receive more information on how our organization can work directly with your association. back to navigation

I still see my information on Blockshopper, how do I remove it?

Please follow these specific instructions for removing your information from Blockshopper:

Blockshopper does make exceptions to this rule for certain government officials, law enforcement, public safety workers (see more here), individuals under court protection orders, or individuals with officially documented stalkers or other threats. For instance, if you fall into one of these categories, you can contact us in the following ways:

  1. Email Scarlett Simpson ([email protected]) detailing the nature of your situation for consideration.
  2. Fax us your information/request to 314-786-0519 314-786-0519 No cover sheet required.
  3. Via U.S. Mail to our St. Louis address above.

If you're an employee or in law enforcement, some proof of employment is required (emailing from your work email will suffice).

If you are under an order of protection or consider yourself under some other threat, please include some documentation (like a police report) in your email. If this isn't possible, please explain why. We're good listeners. back to navigation

I still see my information on Spokeo.com, how do I remove it?

This site is a little different. They claim they are exempt from the California Privacy Act because they do not "house" any data. However, there is an easy method to remove listings. To remove listing enter the URL of the listing in the bottom box here http://www.spokeo.com/privacy

Also enter the email address and code. Let me know if any of us can help with these opt-out requests. There should be $0 fee from Spokeo for removal. back to navigation

I still see my information on AnyWho/Whitepages/PIPL/PeekYou, how do I remove it?

Please email us at [email protected] and provide us with the exact link to where your information is located. Upon receipt of your email, we will directly contact the data repository on your behalf at no additional cost to you. back to navigation

My link expired; how do I get a new one?

For your protection, your link will expire after a few days of non-activity, or after three (3) clicks. In the event you need your link reactivated, please contact us direct via email at [email protected] resend you a copy of your link. Please do not contact us via telephone for this request, as we need a documented paper trail for your specific request. back to navigation

Can you resend my Privacy Kit to me?

Please contact us direct via email at [email protected] in the event you need your Privacy Kit resent to you. Please do not contact us via telephone for this request, as we need a documented paper trail for your specific request. back to navigation

I only received confirmation from a few databases, when will I receive the rest?

At this time, only a limited number of databases send confirmation responses to each opt-out request. The majority of the databases will not respond to you. back to navigation

How do I know my information was removed?

The best way to ensure your information is removed is to type your full name into Google or Yahoo's search engines. In the event your information does still show up after approximately 6-8 weeks, please email us the exact link to where your information appears and we will provide follow up responses at no cost to you. back to navigation

How do I get a discount?

Currently, we are only offering discounts to entire associations or large groups of Officers/Officials. back to navigation

How do I upgrade to have you do the shipping?

Please contact us at [email protected] and provide us with confirmation that you approve us charging you an additional $25.00 to provide you with shipping services. back to navigation

How do I add my family members?

Please contact us at [email protected] and provide us with your addition family members' information. back to navigation

Do you offer group discounts?

Yes, depending on the size of your organization. Please contact us direct at [email protected] and provide us with the specific details about your Association. back to navigation

Did I pay for the option for you to mail the letters?

If you paid $95.00 or more then YES, you did pay for our team to ship your Privacy Kit for you. If you paid less, please contact us at [email protected] to request your status. back to navigation

Why am I receiving my letters on my email if I purchased the option to have you mail them for me?

Upon completion of your order, you will receive a copy of your Privacy Kit in your email. This is for your records only. You receive this email even if you paid for the mailing option. back to navigation

Are retired officers eligible?

Yes, all retired and former Officers/Officials are covered under the statute. back to navigation

I changed my address; do I need to update my PFC info?

In the event you moved, changed addresses, signed up for a new credit card, subscribed to new magazines, or in any way provided your personal information to a third (3rd) party agency, we recommend you wait approximately 4-6 months and then re-apply for our complete Privacy Kit at regular price. Currently, we do NOT offer any discounts for repeat customers because we operate on a streamlined budget as a Non-Profit Organization back to navigation

I would like to add/remove a service.

Please contact us at [email protected] and provide us with the service you would like to add/remove. back to navigation

Who is eligible under "family members?"

All family members (wife, kids, grandparents, cousins, etc.) who are currently residing at the same address as the Officer/Official who is opting-out are eligible. back to navigation

I signed up for this service years ago, do I need to renew my account or can I have my information removed again for free?

Membership automatically renews annually. We notify our clients several days in advance of their renewal date in case they want to update the credit card on file or make any needed changes to their profile content. We recommend you perform a search at least once a year to ensure that your information has not leaked out into the public databases. In the event you find your information on the website a year or more after your original opt-out, you will need to re-submit an opt-out request. Currently, we do not offer any discounts for repeat customers because we operate on a streamlined budget as a Non-Profit Organization back to navigation

Does your service remove information from social media sites?

Our service does not remove your information from Social Network Sites as those sites require individuals to personally input their information. California government code does not pertain to these sites because all information inputted is at the direct discretion of the individual. As a result, should you require to have your information removed from Social Networking Sites, you will need to personally go into each site you have created and delete each account manually. Our office cannot contact these sites for you nor can we send a letter to these sites requesting your accounts be cancelled. back to navigation

Can your service remove my information from the Colorado Voters Association website?

Unfortunately, we are unable to use Government Code to request removal from this site because the information is public. However, there is a way to get your information removed. Colorado Voters Registration Data requires those who want to block their records to contact them directly. More information can be found on their website at http://www.sos.state.co.us/pubs/elections/FAQs/GeneralRegistrationData.html Once your records are blocked, please follow these instructions (per coloradovoters.info). Download the .rtf or .txt file which is located at this link (scroll down about mid-way): http://coloradovoters.info/publish.html
Get it notarized OR make a photocopy of the voter confirmation card the county clerk mailed to you after you registered to vote, and mail it to the following address:
Tom Alciere
67 Technology Way
Nashua NH 03060 U.S.A.
* Please note, if you register again and get a different voter ID number, the site will require you to send in a new request.
back to navigation

How can I remove my information from Voterrecords.com

Step 1: Search for a person.
Step 2: Click on the person's name in the search results. This will take you to the individual's detailed record page.
Step 3: Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Record Opt-Out link at the bottom of the page. This will take you to the opt-out form specific to that record.
Step 4: Once the form is submitted, the site will send you an email with a verification link that you will need to click to verify your opt-out request. (Not everyone will receive the verification email. If you do not receive the email, this typically means your record was successfully processed without additional verification being needed).

Once you have done this, data such as: house number, phone, and email address should no longer appear on this site. Make sure to refresh the page and clear your browser cache if you are still seeing the data after you have completed these steps.
back to navigation

How do I get my information removed from Bizapedia.com?

Per their company, the directions provided to us for removal are as follows.
There are two ways to remove your information. It does work and our clients have found it to be successful.
1. You would have to claim the company yourself and remove/hide the company.
2. You can send by mail a notarized PDF which I have provided in the email.

To exercise the "Obscure" option, please follow all four of the instructions listed below.
1. First, locate your company profile on the website and then click the "Claim My Company" button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Complete and submit the company claim request form.
2. Next, login to your account via the login icon at the top of the screen.
3. Next, locate the company you just claimed in the "My Account" screen and click on it to open the company change request form.
4. Finally, locate the "Obscure Company Profile" section on the change request form, check the related box, and submit the request.
Here is the website: http://www.bizapedia.com/ca/CONSOLI-INFORMATION-SERVICES-INC.html
You would have to click on "CLAM MY COMPANY."
Then click "No I am a new user"
Uncheck "Upgrade My Profile Now"

The "Removal" option requires you to submit an affidavit to represent and warrant that the information on the URL pertains to your company or former company. The affidavit will have to be notarized and accompanied by a true and correct copy of a current government-issued photo identification.
Once Bizapedia receives the completed and notarized affidavit; Bizapedia will verify that it is sufficient to remove your company profile from the site.
*The best way to remove your information is Option #1 by claiming your company. Once you have claimed your company, you should be able to hide/remove your information from the website.
back to navigation

Why can't you remove my information from Transparentcalifornia.com?

Why can't you remove my information from Transparentcalifornia.com? Unfortunately, since Transparent California isn't disclosing any personal identifying information such as your address, phone number, date of birth, or social security number, we are unable to request removal of the information that is displayed or use government code as a means to get them to take it down. Please contact them directly at http://transparentcalifornia.com/pages/contact/ back to navigation

Privacy Forever

What is Privacy Forever?

Privacy Forever is a service PSAF is now offering for a nominal $35.00 yearly fee. Once an officer and his/her family have purchased the Privacy Forever status, we will actively monitor all new websites and companies that come to the market and will submit an opt-out request on behalf of the officer. This fee allows all officers and their families the peace of mind knowing that your information is being removed from new databases we see appear each year. back to navigation

Why are you offering a Privacy Forever option, shouldn't the regular service remove all of our information?

Yes, the regular package will remove your information through the date of your order submittal. However, Privacy Forever protects officers and their families going forward. After several inquiries from officers, our staff took a proactive step in providing this service to all officers and families who go through our opt-out process. In order to assure that you are continually protected from new arising databases, we worked directly with multiple attorneys and databases to develop a system to streamline the process of immediate removal from new databases as they come to market. back to navigation

Does Privacy Forever last forever?

For a fee of $45.00 per year, we will continue to monitor your information. By purchasing Privacy Forever, you are protecting you and your family from having your information out on the web. back to navigation

Can I upgrade to Privacy Forever?

Yes, you can upgrade at any time to Privacy Forever. back to navigation

Can I cancel Privacy Forever?

Yes, at any time you can send us an email and request to cancel your Privacy Forever membership. Upon cancellation, you will not be charged at year end for the upcoming year. back to navigation

How does the billing work?

We will send you a notification approximately seven days prior to sending our PrivacyForever mailings each year. If your billing information is correct, and you would like to keep the service, do nothing. If you'd like to change your billing information, or cancel your service, you can do so from the email. After five days we will bill your credit card and process the opt-out requests. You will receive a copy of the letters we are sending on your behalf, the same way you received them for your original order. We pay for all costs of printing, processing, and mailing these letters. back to navigation

Order Now